Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ahhhhhhh....

It's been so nice to be in Hawaii. I'm really glad Dad suggested that we come here because it's familiar without being bombarded. I know that I can go home and do what I need to do without having to "adjust" as well.
Hawaii has been great. We don't have to live out of a suitcase and we can eat homemade food (like pineapple!! Jk). Yesterday rained most of the day, but honestly it was still great. It smelled wonderful and it gave me an excuse to curl up on our balcony and dig into one of my 10 books I'm going to read while I'm here

My favorite things so far:
Getting to talk on my 714 cell phone to anyone I want, when I want. I don't have to dial 30+ numbers of a phone card and then a number to reach someone only to hang up before the voicemail answers so I don't get charged a connection fee.
Also, I'm totally stoked to be watching BASEBALL!! Cricket was just not doing it for me. Can you really call cricket a sport when they take tea breaks in the middle of the game? GO ANGELS!

Some things I've noticed since being in the US:
-We went to Costco right after we got the rental car. No wonder we are so fat!!! Have you seen the crap we eat?
-I feel very small in our vehicle, and if it was in NZ I would feel like King of the Road. Trucks have really gotten out of control in size. I know, I'm an owner of a truck but its a SMALL truck. No raised suspension. No huge tires.
-We, as a whole community, talk really loud. I couldn't believe the noise level the other night at Kimo's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First off...."GO ANGELS!!!",
Second, yeah people who own big trucks suck...lol...j/k, We just bought a new Chevy 1500...(our 3rd) =)
I say...buy the truck, just don't bitch about the gas!!! (I have 'active fuel management' on the new truck...not sure what it is, but I get about 50-75 more miles per tank!!)
Any ways.... GO ANGELS!!! & I'll see ya soon Sand Crab!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Have you seen Santana pitch? 5-0 OH yeah! Even good away..wow!