Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Don't cry for me California!

Thanksgiving was existent this year, even in Kiwi-land! I spent my Friday/your Thursday talking to family and a few friends, which I am truly thankful for, and Saturday was spent cooking and heading over to Nicky's, where we did a full Thanksgiving feast! We had about 10 people there, Yanks, Poms, and Kiwis and it was really nice. Sure, it wasn't home, but it was cool. Nicky's First Turkey and all the fixings!
Can't beat a Thanksgiving meal at 6pm and having it still be light out!
We are getting into full-swing of summer. It is stunningly gorgeous EVERY day and the sun is shinning till about 8:30pm. It is sooo nice. After Thanksgiving dinner a few of us headed out into town for some drinks and for the first time since I've been here I didn't have to wear my jacket! It was great!
This weekend I'm housing sitting for Jim while he goes to the States to spend some time with his wife. I am really looking forward to it. A beach house to myself for a WHOLE 4 days! Internet, cable tv, walks on the beach, dogs, and junk food! I'm so excited. Work is going to suck with him being gone. I have to coach his kids as well as mine. That's going to get interesting since we have about 3 different levels going at once.

There are only 2.5 weeks till the end of term! YES!! Then I head to the south island for 5 days with Nicky and her family, and I'm super stoked about that. So, keep checking back for pictures.

No comments: