Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble! Gobble!


Thanksgiving has come and gone, for me at least. Today, I wished everyone I knew a "Happy Thanksgiving" and their reply was "What's Thanksgiving?!?" I then had to explain the Santa Maria, Pilgrims and Indians, and then ended with "...and then we took their land! Let's EAT!" I didn't really do anything special today, but tomorrow I am webcaming with my family which I have been excited about all week! (I will try not to bawl this time, but no promises) Saturday, Nicky is throwing a Thanksgiving dinner with a turkey and everything, so don't feel to sad for me.
Since I don't get to say what I'm thankful for at the table this year, I will say it in my blog.
....I am thankful for....
....all the words of wisdom, emails, calls, letters that I receive on a daily bases from my family and friends. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm 7,000 miles away from home due to all the great things I get from people. The world doesn't feel like such a big place and I don't feel so alone and small in it.
.....the support I receive from everyone. Without it, I probably wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes here, let alone 5 months! Everyone has been really understanding in the meaning of this adventure and what it meant to me as a developing human being and the molding of my character as an adult. (AHHH! Being an ADULT!!)
....my family. I knew how thankful I was before I left but being here realized how much of a backbone you are all for me. You are my oxygen and without the love from you I would die. I love you.
Everyone have a Fantastic Thanksgiving. Eat lots of turkey, have a piece of pie for me (Grandma's Tollhouse!), and go play some American football!

No comments: