Friday, March 14, 2008

WOW!

First off, ONLY 5 WEEKS TO GO TILL PAPA IS HERE!! 9 WEEKS TILL I'M HOME!!

Good News:
I went 5 days out of 5 where I didn't have to cover for anyone. I finally got to take my OWN classes with breaks. YAY! This week I only have to work Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday. Next week I only have to work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So that means almost an ENTIRE week off! WEEEEEEEEE!!!

I have been having shoulder issues lately, I think from lugging out the platforms we have been using to teach deep water. I'm not going to strain it this weekend and I'm going to start getting on people's cases if they don't clean up their stations after their shift. Who cares if they think I'm bossy? I'm not picking up after you!

The weather has been really great the last couple of days. There was a bright blue cloudless sky today and it was in the 80s! Can you say "Indian Summer"?

Today, randomly, Seka and I decided to head to the Wellington Zoo....and I have to admit, it was REALLY cool! Being raised going to the San Diego Zoo I was really impressed with the size and the amount of animals they had the park (I was expecting a more pathetic version of the Santa Ana Zoo). Outside of the typical birds and reptiles, they have 4 different monkey sections, lions, cheetahs, tigers, elephants, giraffes, kangaroos, and bears. The best part about it is that my NZ friend from the pool works at the zoo so I gave her a ring to let her know we were coming and she gave us a private tour of the zoo. We got to know the animals names and personalities and we even got to go behind the scenes to see the Kiwi Bird and where he lives. It was amazing.

I'm excited to a have a few days off to refuel before the home stretch....... :)

No comments: