Wednesday, March 5, 2008

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.....

I'm going to be really blunt and honest in this entry. I'm completely SICK of working at WRAC. There's this mini mutiny going on and we had 4 instructors call in "sick" today. Granted, one is extremely ill due to a recent development of diabetes but the other three I want to knock on the head and say "GROW UP!!" Their reasons for being stubborn...one doesn't want to teach in deep water (even though if she actually did it she would know the kids listen and swim BETTER!), the other one doesn't want to come in because our bosses don't supply towels, and third because she doesn't think she should be in the water all day and doesn't want to get wet.

*jaw drop* ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! WE ARE SWIM INSTRUCTORS!! KIDS SWIM IN A POOL, NOT A PUDDLE. SUPPLY YOUR OWN TOWEL. AND I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO ADDRESS THE WANTING TO STAY DRY ISSUE!

The last week myself and another American girl (Katie) have had to work solid 5-6 hours straight to make sure all the classes are covered. We've pretty much had it. Katie ended up going home early today after her skin broke out into a really bad chemical rash/burn and I've been threw about an entire bottle of lotion in the past week.
The fact that these "rebels" are getting away with this is surely a New Zealand thing. This would never happen in the States.....EVER! I was really curious as to what it would take to get fired from WRAC, so I asked Ali and she replied with "Seriously injuring someone or threatening the Head Manager of the pool. That's the only thing I've seen get immediate termination" My jaw about hit the floor.
On an upside, we did hire 3 new employees that I'm training and should be lightening up the load pretty soon.

*breath in. breath out. repeat 30 times*
*think to self* 6 weeks left. 6 weeks left. 6 weeks left.

No comments: