Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hey You!

I'm stoked. My first two schools tomorrow got cancelled so that means....SLEEP IN TOMORROW!! YAY!
It has been a crazy week. I took the weekend to lay around and be sick, drowning my exhaustion in cough syrup and sleeping till the wee hours of the afternoon. I was feeling much better Monday morning and I'm feeling 100% today. WRAC opened the new play area/pool and its really AWESOME! A few of the other teachers and I went in there after our shift yesterday to play with all the kids and they just attacked us. The area has water guns and cannons, waterfalls, shower heads, water from the ceiling, even a HUGE fish tank. It is pretty amazing for a pool.
Because WRAC opened the new pool they also increased the depth in our teaching pool (from 2 feet to about 4 feet). I have to admit, even though I learned how to originally teach in deeper water, I was really nervous. However, my kids did great!! They swam better then they had in weeks and I was really impressed.
I'm really thrown off with my seasons. It's still really warm here but on my walk home today and took a big breath of fresh air and got excited for Spring! OPPS! I then remembered that autumn is just around the corner. 2008 is going to be a really screwy year for me. Summer in January, Autumn in April, Spring in May, and then Summer again in June!!! AAAHHH!!!
At the moment I'm just antsy to get home and move on with my life. I realized I've been doing the swim teaching thing for almost 10 years and I can't wait for the day where I don't need to say "Blow Bubbles", "Straight legs, point toe kickers", "Nice, big arms" 692 times a day and to actually have a job where I talk to adults, my skin doesn't smell like pool chemicals, and my hair isn't fried! I have 7 weeks till my Dad arrives and 11 weeks till I'm home. YAY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talking & dealing with adults isn't all that great. They can be condescending & rude. That's why I am "going back to my roots" & am going to teach swimming again here in Texas for the best swim school around.