Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We're jammin'! And I hope you like jammin' too!

Happy Whatangi Day!! (aka New Zealand Independence Day)
I just got back from the "One Love" reggae festival and it was really cool. We had about 8 people in our group and we all brought snacks and just jammed all day. The music was really good, really mellow. The weather was amazing. Sunny, slight breeze...especially compaired to yesterday of cold, windy, rainy.
It was held at a stadium right across the street from my house so it was an easy walk when it started this morning at 11am. They had clothing, food, and Jamanican vendors and had a new band play every hour. I splurged on a ivory knit, rasta-looking beanie. (It's not like I need a new t-shirt!)
I start work on Monday at 9am. I work every day now, M-F from about 9-6pm. (reminder: no more Raumati. I'm strictly a WRAC employee now) I'm teaching preschool, school age, flippaball, water polo, refereeing polo games, swim squad, and training about 3 new instructors...so I will be one busy girl for 10 weeks straight.

No comments: