Saturday, April 12, 2008

Down to the wire...

So I'm officially into my last days here in NZ. The weather has been amazing and like I've said 100 times before... you CAN'T beat Wellington on a good day! Its been really warm, with that amazing blue sky, slight off shore breeze, and those big puffy white clouds. It's almost like that the city is saying "Casey! Don't GO!!" (I just hope the weather is half as good as today when Pops is here, so then at least one person will believe me about Wellington)

Work will be easy this week. It's the final week and the instructors basically just play with the kids. I also don't start till noon 3 out of the 4 days that I'm working. I know I will be a hunted woman too. Due to the fact that I'm leaving I have to watch my back because its tradition to get pushed in the pool. One of the managers got me in last week (while I was in my DRY uniform) because I chucked a water polo ball at his head. I can't help it if he catches like a girl. So I ended up wet on my "dry" day.

Friday night was my last night out on the town (I don't think Dad wants to stay out till the wee hours of the morning, dancing the night away). A bunch of my friends and co-workers came out to play and we had an amazing time at our favorite place to hang out, Hope Bros. We laughed, we danced, we acted silly. It was a great way to remember the city social scene.

That's about all for now. I'll keep you updated on the tears and goodbyes and the Hello and Airport greetings!!

No comments: