Thursday, April 17, 2008

Joining the ranks!

I'm officially unemployed. EEK! I am nomad. A world traveler. A proud pilot of an improvised life.

Today was my last day at work. I will never have to wear neon orange again! It was a great start. I wandered in around noon to teach 2 hours of really cool kids then about 5 instructors and I went over to play in the bubble machine for one final time. It was great! The bubble machine never ceases to amaze me. This time I sat on the vent where the bubbles come out, Buddha style, and the massive air flipped me around under water 4 times.

It was really weird saying goodbye to some people. I'm stoked that my dad will be here in exactly 10 hours (now....if only I could get to sleep) but at the same time I was really bummed out to teach my last class. Teaching has been apart of my life for so long its weird to think I'm done. It hasn't really set in yet. I got some tearful goodbyes from my parents and an assortment of chocolate, pictures, and even a hand-made stunning necklace! My kids cried. My parents cried. It was a bummer. At least I know I can always come back!

Tomorrow, Dad arrives. Wellington Airport at 8am. We are going to get him home to nap and shower, get some breakfast, and then off to the pool to show him off. We will then probably walk around town and then I'll take him out to dinner for his 61st birthday! Saturday I'm taking him to a local rugby game a couple of my friends are playing in and then I'm having a friend dinner with alot of my buddies and co-workers. Sunday, we leave for Taupo (a town 5 hours north of here) to go jet-boating on Monday. Monday night we are having dinner with Jim and his wife and Tuesday is a mellow day, concluding with a Final Feed with current and former flatmates and a really close assortment of friends. Wednesday we jet set off to AUSSIEEEEE!!

Whew.....confused yet? Me too!

Oh well! At least I'll be with POPS!!'

Okay time for bed. The sooner I fall asleep the sooner I wake up and get on the bus to the airport!

No comments: