Sunday, April 20, 2008

*Drum roll please!*

Now announcing your guest writer for the evening.....Daddy!
Freezing my a$$ off!! But we are having a great time. I met alot of Casey's friend. We had a great dinner and a few drinks on Saturday night. We went to a rugby game on Saturday afternoon, where it was so windy I thought I would be blown home. It was the coldest I've been in a really long time. Yesterday we drove up to Lake Taupo and this morning we did the jetboat ride. It was one of the most amazingly fun things I've ever done. (as you can tell by the pictures). We shot up the river at 65 mph and we pulled some great 180 turns! It was so cold though that Casey kept saying "I can't feel my face because I'm smiling so big or because its so cold!!" It was such a great drive. New Zealand is such an amazing country. There are just endless amounts of vast green hills and space, with thousands of sheep dotting the horizon. One of the first things I said to Casey was "And you want to leave....WHY?!?!" Overall, its great. Being in the city and being able to walk, the people are so nice, and the beer is great.
Tomorrow is a mellow day. Casey wants to go to the pool to say goodbye and hopefully get a good letter of recommendation from her boss and then she has to go to the bank. At night all her friends and flatmates are coming over for what they call a "Feed." All I know is I get fed.

So long for now!
-Jimmy

No comments: