Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The time...

....has come to say goodbye.

I seriously can't believe that 10 months has gone by since I left American soil. Tonight was amazing. I was surrounded by everyone that mattered to me in this experience (Former flatmates Haydn, Katrin, Frazer. Current flatmates Tia, Courtney, Cathy, and Bailey. Friends Seka, Simon, Jo, Ali, Henry). We ate, laughed, and told stories. It was really mellow but a great way to say goodbye to everyone.

I'm so grateful for this experience. I have grown so much as an adult. I am now stronger then I have ever been in my life. I came to NZ only knowing one person and I left with lifelong friendships. I have lived on my own, seven thousand miles away from anyone that loved me. I did this! I am so proud of myself for the fact that I simply survived, let alone did it so well. I now know I can do anything I put my mind, soul, and drive too. 10 months ago I had no idea. How many people pick up and move a world away? Not a whole lot. 40 years from now I get to tell my grandkids of the amazing adventure I had when "Grandma was a cool chick that taught swimming lessons in a great country." I have no regrets and will be eternally grateful to my family for being so supportive and pushing me to have this experience (I can't believe I had doubts).

I'm walking away with so many great memories, photos, and friends. I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. Good and Bad!

Time for bed. A wake up call from my cell phones alarm at 3:30am is NOT fun. I'll update when I can when we are in Aussie.

No comments: