Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all my readers out in Blog land! What a Christmas it was! Christmas Eve was spent hanging around in a stubborn state of mind. I was determined to not change out of my pajamas for 2 whole days. I wasn't going to do anything but eat chocolate and watch horrible Christmas movies on tv. But after my pushy flatmate, Haydn, convinced me that is no way to spend a holiday we went and got Chinese and watched one of my favorite movies, Love Actually.
Christmas morning I woke up to the sound of POURING RAIN and opened an assortment of Christmas cards and presents that have been stashed under the miniature tree my mom sent, complete with mini-ornaments. My mom sent a mini bottle of perfume, a necklace, bookmark, and bracelet, my grandma sent me a gift card, and my Aunt and Uncle sent the HUGE Mickey! (How I will get that thing home, I will NEVER know!) Thank to everyone that sent gifts, including Grandma and Grandpa Triplett and my Dad (which I opened early...hey, I need something to hold me over!)
Haydn and I then made a huge breakfast of eggs, bacon, bagels, juice and hot chocolate. Then I made brownies and cookies for a BBQ Haydn convinced me to go to. I'll admit. I was apprehensive..."great....a holiday with strangers" but I had an AMAZING time! Cathy and her family showed up and the host, Allen, has two boys (ages 5 and 7). We ate till we were going to burst, played ping pong and Foosball, and then had quite the game of PlayStation going on. I spent a majority of the time chasing and wrestling the boys around the house and yard. Jake, the youngest son, cuddled up in my lap towards the end of the night and said "I like you...even if you do sound funny. Can you stay over tonight?" and I said "Sorry, but I have my own room I have to stay in." He then asked "Well, can you come out and play tomorrow?" Haha! I guess I finally met a Kiwi boy and Allen and his wife are stoked they found a new babysitter.

Anyways, it was a surprise of a day and I'm really glad I enjoyed myself. I was a bit worried. I want to wish a Merry Christmas to my family that I miss so much, especially on days like today. (By the way, we aren't the only family that gets ridiculously loud....today felt like the Watts household before we've all stuffed ourselves into a coma!). Merry Christmas to all my friends too. Next year, you know it's ON!

Love you all!

No comments: