Saturday, December 1, 2007

Beckham Fever!

Since I have arrived in Wellington 5 months ago, I have seen promotional posters of "LA GALAXY starring DAVID BECKHAM!" scattered on bus stops, billboards, and even fliers. It has been insane since the team arrived at the airport on Thursday. On Friday, one of the main reasons the staff was so bored was because the stadium was holding an open practice so that the public could watch Mr. Posh Spice himself kick a football around. Out of 3 hours, I literally only taught ten kids. It's insane! People have been asking me all week the dreaded question...
"Wellington Phoenix or LA Galaxy?"
Heck if I even CARE! But I have to openly admit I did watch the game with Jo today. LA Galaxy creamed the Welly team (4-1) and the crowd of Phoenix fans would go bonkers if the ball even came close to Becks. I ended up cheering the Phoenix because when does anyone in LA actually care about soccer? I'm never been one to cheer for hype.
Let's hope I don't have to stare at those posters anymore!

No comments: