Wednesday, July 11, 2007

BRRR!!

Okay, I've never in my life seen my breath INSIDE a house! That is, by far, one of the biggest things I will have to adjust to.

I slept through the whole night last night. WEE! No Jetlag! And awoke to Haydn and Katrin in the kitchen at 8am. It was strange having to be bright and sunny, because we all know that I am NOT a morning person. We all had some tea and Haydn and I went on our marry way to a community pool about 5mins from here.

I observed a few of the Learn To Swim (ages 5+) and Preschool groups. The pool, by the way, is quite chilly, the instructors even have to wear spring wetsuits. I'm not looking forward to getting in tomorrow. (This is NOT my permanent pool. Just my training pool because Haydn works there and it is close to the flat).

After 4 hours of observation (BTW Duffi: their uniforms are worse then Australian Swim Schools...BRIGHT NEON Orange rash guards and polo shirts!) Haydn took me to the market to get some basic food (sandwich makings, cereal, milk, juice, apples, yogurt, etc.) and dropped me off at home (can I call it "home"?). So I have the place to myself and it is really quiet. Made a couple of calls (with calling cards....LOVING THEM! Thanks, DAD!), unpacked, and now I'm sitting here with a cup of blackberry tea (my 4th cup of the day).

Tonight, Haydn is taking me to a Mongolian BBQ (all-you-can-eat) to meet a few of the coaches and Jim. Tomorrow, I get in some more training, head up to Raumati for MORE training and meet MORE coaches, get my cell phone (I'm not going to be using mine here at all...so don't leave any text or voice messages), and set-up a bank account. I'm hoping that Saturday and Sunday I can see some of the sites that Wellington has to offer.

CHEERS!

By the way, I will try and get pictures up as soon as I get my computer working.

1 comment:

Doc Nash said...

BE vewwy vewwy careful about blackberries....too many of them and you'll get New Zealand's Revenge....what DO the call the runs down there anyways???