Monday, July 30, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down!

I had an "ARGH!!" kinda of day. I'm actually surprised it didn't come sooner.

It first started with my flatmate, Frazer, waking me up at 8am (my classes cancelled today...SCORE!!). I could hear my phone buzzing in my sleep and had to drag myself from a beach in Maui with Paul Walker to wake up and groggily answer (I don't wake up very nicely in the morning and I'm surprised I didn't scare the poor guy). I was afraid that WRAC needed me or my classes ended up showing, which I've been having nightmares about. Ends up that he forgot to take out the trash last night so he asked me to do it. Not a problem. I gather all the trash in the house and throw on my Uggs. Well, it is POURING rain outside and I just don't have to drop it off at our curb. I have to walk two blocks to a collection area. I should have stayed on the beach with Paul..... I'm sure my neighbors got a good laugh at the California girl running up the street in her Hawaiian print pajamas, looking like a wet cat. (I had the face to prove it)

I then proceeded to spend the rest of the morning/early afternoon in bed with a cup of tea, calling people back home. I'm so glad everyone is enjoying their summer. :-P But I was relieved to talk to alot of my friends (and their voicemail).

I then headed off to Raumati. Jim picked me up to meet my constant need to carpool to save on gas. I'm losing my voice from the constant teaching and coaching, mainly because I have not used my "teaching preschoolers/teenagers" voice in a really long time. I told the kids today "Hey, losing my voice. I need you all to listen, not talk when I talk, and do what your told." They, obviously, decided that today was the day that they didn't understand the English language and proceeded to be pains in my bum. They couldn't do the simplest drills (like 4X100's free on the 2:00min), leave on their intervals, and talk about the hot boy in lane 6 while I was explaining proper flip turns. It also doesn't help that the parents sit about 4 feet away from the pool, watching every movement I make. Jim had to come to my rescue, which I hate but it had to be done. I'm trying to be WONDERCOACH and the coaching perfectionist. I just ended up frustrated and had to go stand outside in the rain so that I could just breath. Jim and I had a nice long talk on the drive home. He gave me a few tips to try on Wednesday and told me "Casey, you wouldn't be here if I didn't think you could handle this. You don't have to be perfect. These are the days that make you want to go home and that's okay. You'll have more of them. But I brought you here because you are good at what you do...but you still have alot to learn." *sigh* I know. Jim is a great mentor and I'm lucky to be able to vent to someone.

I came home, ate some leftover pizza, took a REALLY long shower, watched Criminal Intent, ate some ice cream, and am now heading to bed. I feel better. :)

So, that was a downer day in my life. I'm still in another country and not stuck behind a cubicle, so life is still good (any day and any place where I can wear my Rainbow flip-flops is thumbs up in my book!).

Tomorrow is another day and a new attitude. Cheers!

2 comments:

Van said...

Hey, look on the bright side, Casey: You'll have much worse days than this in your life. ;)

But keep it up, you're doing well, I'm sure. We're thinking of, praying for, and cheering you on.

Casey said...

Its nice to have such a great support system at home. It does make it easier to just think about all the people in the world that love me...makes it feel less small and less alone.

Thanks Van!