Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles! Bubbles!

Do you remember Caddy Shack and the scene with the Baby Ruth? We had that happen last night at Raumati. But it wasn't a candy bar of chocolate goodness. It was a gift left by a 2-year-old. A magical gift that equaled my long day (Tuesdays are usually 7am-10pm) resulting in standing in the rain to tell parents that were dropping their children off that the pool was closed and going up stairs to the Waterfront for a nice long dinner at a NORMAL time and then coming home and being in my pajamas by 7pm. Thank you bowel movement gods! THANK YOU!

Today was remotely uneventful in the teaching area, but I did get my first kayaking lesson from one of my co-workers, Aaron. It was amazingly fun trying to get my 6-foot frame into a tiny, plastic boat and even more entertaining for those around me why I tried to keep my balance.

WRAC has this SPECIAL machine in the 5meter pool (16.5 feet deep) called the "Bubble Maker." You hit a button on the deck and from the bottom of the pool raises a HUGE mushroom shaped bubble that's about 8 feet across and 6 feet deep. (It changes size and strength depending how long the button is pushed....2 second push is the norm). THIS THING RULES! It throws the kayaks around like toothpicks in the ocean. It teaches the kids not to freak out when they flip and how to get in and out of the kayak. So after the class, my boss and a few others came over to watch me play in the Bubble. I took my life vest off (we have to set "good examples for the kids") and dove down toward the bottom of the pool just as Aaron hit the button. The thing launched me (6 foot tall, 175 pound, strong swimmer) head over heels about three times and tossed me like a rag doll to the surface. I haven't laughed that hard since I've been here. It was really funny. I dove down again (feet first) and the button was pushed (this time by my boss, Ali) and the Bubble launched me a good 2 feet into the air and then flipped me backwards as Ali hit the button sending another Bubble my way which pushed me, like a slide, across 15 feet of water. It was quite hysterical and it's a good thing I was in the pool because I peed my speedo from laughing so hard. (And yes, we did get into trouble for hitting the button too long....OPPS. I guess a 5 second push swamps the gutter system and backs up the filters). Next time the Bubble Machine is on I will take pictures and try to get video. We are going to have a "training session" in a month or so, basically it's an excuse to play with this awesome toy!

On more personal stuff, for some reason my Ipod on shuffle likes playing songs that remind me of home, memories, and people. For example: Mexico by James Taylor=Mom, Dukes on Sunday by Buffett= Dad, My Humps= Duffi (strange but it makes me laugh thinking about dancing on her couch), Country music reminds me of all those nights at Incahoots, etc. Also, the rain still sucks, but I'm dealing. It's annoying because I need to do laundry but how does it dry if it's always RAINING?!?

Tomorrow morning I have off. Everyone together now.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhh, FINALLY! I plan on sleeping in, having a leisure breakfast with tea, and laying around in my jammies till I have to go to Raumati.

Night Night. Time to go dream of giant bubbles :)

1 comment:

Van said...

As Bennett says, "Bubble, bubble, toilet and trouble."