Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stupid Casey Moments

Most of you know that a day doesn't go by that I don't do something to make myself, and those around me, laugh at something stupid I've done. I have told the following stories to my family and with much laughter, they have convinced me to post the following. So, here it is.

Stupid Casey Moment #1
(Background info: Kiwi's call Lifeguards here "Life Savers.") A few days before our staff meeting last week, my boss announces that there is going to be someone from Kiwi Saver to address us. Everyone told me I didn't have to be there since I wasn't a resident, but I just shrugged and said I'd go anyways. I thought the meeting would be important because it was going to be about life saving.
So, meeting day rolls around and about 15 staff members (including my two bosses, Ali and Bekki) are sitting around a conference table when a guy from Kiwi Saver comes in to start the meeting. He slides a pamphlet across the table and the second I read the cover I started to laugh. The pamphlet was from the New Zealand International Revenue Service. Kiwi Saver is NZ form of social security!!! OPPS! I turn to Alexia to whisper to her why I'm laughing at myself. She starts cracking up and she turns to Jo, who starts giggling. Jo then turns to Sandra, Sandra turns to Aaron, Aaron turns to Ma and by the time it gets around to Bekki and Ali the whole table is cracking up at me. Bekki then proceeds to stop the meeting and says "Casey, you obviously now know that Kiwi Saver has nothing to do with saving lives." It was a good laugh.

Stupid Casey Moment #2
In my frenzy of cleaning house, doing dishes, vacuuming, and doing laundry last week, I threw our white toilet rug into the washing machine to run after the dishwasher was done and after I took a shower. About 3 hours later, I realized I needed to run a red load, so I grab all my red laundry and our red shower rug. When I went to hang the red load out on the line, out comes our "white" toilet rug....which is now bright pink. OPPS! (Yes, I know you are suppose to separate your loads. I just forgot the white rug was in the washing machine.) I wrote a note to the flatmates apologizing and stating I would purchase a replacement rug. Later that night, when I came home I run up stairs to see the mates, and all 3 at the same time duck and cover and yell "Watch out! She'll turn you PINK!" It is now a long running joke. (BTW Katrin was much more pleased with our pink rug.)

Okay. Did you get a good laugh out of that? I hope you did because I know it brought joy to those around me. I'm glad I was born with the gift of not being embarrassed easily.

Off to fall asleep to 85mph winds. Night!

No comments: