Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Pringles War Continues!

Frazer FINALLY ate the tainted BBQ Pringles with chili powder and the 3 of us just happened to be around when he did it. Here is how it went down:
I came home from work around 1pm today and the flatmates were all in a really good mood because they all have the day off. Well, we were standing around in the kitchen and I was eating a can of Sour Creme and Onion Pringles. Frazer said he was hungry and wanted some and I said "There is a can of BBQ that needs to be finished" and toss him the can of tainted chips. He didn't just take one...he ate all 5 that were at the bottom. Hayden was behind him doing the silent laugh, Katrin and I were standing there with a mouthful of food trying not to gag from impending laughter. Next thing, Frazer is spitting in the sink and saying "THOSE ARE BLOODY HOT!" We cracked up! It was was hysterical. We taught the Pringles Monster a lesson. Now I'm just waiting for "Prank War 2007" to start. (anyone have any really funny pranks I can pull out if it starts soon?)

Friday night, Raumati had a Fish n' Chips dinner to celebrate the kids that qualified for the Wellington Short Course meet next weekend. I was formally introduced as one of the new coaches and received my new coaches jacket and uniform. I am finally getting to know all the kids and know their names without looking at the attendance sheet. A group of 10-year-old girls bombarded me with questions: What's your favorite Disneyland ride? What's your favorite color? Do you have a boyfriend? Why aren't you married? Then they proceeded to fight over the seats next to me and I held two in my lap. I have to admit, it felt really special to finally get to know the kids.

Last night was a blast. Jo, Alexia, Seka, Seka's Boyfriend, and I went for some Asian food (after trying to get Mexican at the ONE place in the entire city....there was a 2 hour wait. I wanted to wait, but I was outvoted.) After dinner, we walked over to a pub called "The Bristol" (think Yardhouse) and had a few drinks, some great conversation, shot some pool, and laughed a ton.

And yes, I am the girl with the accent. I have never had an accent before and it's really cool. All night at the pub, people were walking up to Seka and I (Seka is from Washington) saying "Are you Canadian?" (Kiwi's always ask if you are Canadian first because they get offended if you call them American, where Americans don't care if we are called Canadian). They would ask us all sort of questions and I even had one guy tell me "American accents are so sexy". That is a NEW one in describing my accent, most people just make fun of it.

Now, I'm just waiting for Alexia to pick me up. She invited me to her church (which meets on Sunday nights) and I am super excited to finally get an opportunity to go to a New Zealand Christian church, especially with someone I already know. From the way she described her church they do a lot of praise and worship with a full band and do alot of hip/youthful sermons. I will be wary of it and hope this is a church God wants me to attend. (Thanks for all your prayers on that topic, by the way. I know a lot of you have been praying that I find a place of worship here and I really appreciate it.)

Lastly, I want to send a out a Birthday message to two Special guys! I already sent them B-day wishes but I want to make sure that all my millions of readers know it too!
Uncle Jim: I'm so glad I got to talk to you over the phone. I hope you have a fantastic day and celebration next week with the family. I love you and miss you! Happy Birthday!
Brandon: Sorry I couldn't get ahold of you today. I will try again soon. I hope you have a great day and that Kindra has something special for you two to do. Tell her to give you a hug from me. (And yes, the sheep are doing great and my mud hut is still freezing.) Happy B-dizzle!

Anyways, off to get dressed and have a quick bite to eat. Let's hope none of my food is lace with a strange substance.

1 comment:

Doc Nash said...

Email me for prank ideas hehehe