Saturday, August 11, 2007

The WAR!

Around the flat, there is only one thing that is more important then money itself. This one thing causes anger when we don't have it. It inflicts pains in your stomach as you urge for the goodness. It makes all bad days good again. Smiles will spread across faces that in moments previous were creased in a frown.

This is thing is a tube of crunchy, salty, goodness.

It is Pringles.

Yes, Pringles. The chips that once you POP you can't stop.

It all started with my first grocery shopping adventure. I purchased three tubes and were met with a chorus of "OH YES! Pringles" when I arrived home. Well, it has taken on a mind of its own. (By the way, they are NOT cheap. About $3.00 a can)

The Pringles fairy magically delivers new Pringles every 3-4 days (the fairy being myself or Haydn) and we all have our favorites, but in a matter of a day they are GONE (Frazer being the main culprit).
I opened what I thought was a new can last week only to be met with crumbs and a chicken bollix cube. Haha. NOT FUNNY! I happened to come across the missing Pringles in a ziplock bag at the bottom of a pan in our cookware drawer. (Frazer is a prankster) I returned the missing chips to the can and hid them in the towel closet in the hall and left a note in their place that said "You messed with the WRONG Pringles fairy!"

So, last night after a long day at work I went to grab a handful of Sour Cream and Onion....empty can. Salt and Vinegar....crumbs. Check the BBQ flavor....about 5 left. Haydn had just purchased these about 2 days ago. So here is the plan.

Frazer is currently out shooting deer for the weekend. When he comes home he will be starving. He WILL go for what is left of the BBQ Pringles when he gets home Sunday night. What Haydn and I have planned is to cover the chips in red chili pepper (the same color as the chips). HAHAHA! It is going to be great. I'll let you know what happens.

Just the day in the life of a flatmate living at 13a Kingsbridge Place.

P.S. I always keep a can in my car, so I really don't get upset when they disappear. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's a Bollix cube?? Do you mean a BOULLION cube?

Hahaha.. that's like BAH-JAH (BAJA)!! Always good for laugh!

Doc Nash said...

Thats odd, having known ME, you'd know alllllll about the pringle thievery. Here's what else you can do. put Lays or whatever other chips, in the can. then stash the real ones in your room!!!!