Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I admit it!

Whew! Long day! I taught for a straight six hours (in the water) at WRAC today and then headed off to Raumati for coaching and then a swim meet. I'm exhausted. But I did get to coach water polo at WRAC and it made me smile (and made my bosses happy..."You are a really good at coaching polo." Ummm, duh!)

I had another ISSUE on Monday. On my way to work, someone honked at me to tell me I had a flat tire. ARG!! Something else to give out on me. I made it to WRAC in one piece where I had to call Jim because I had no idea what to do, let alone the time to do it. He showed up and took my car to get new tires (all four) and I was stressed out about how I was going to pay for it. I've had the car for a week and now it needs new tires?!? I was really missing home and called my Dad, crying, at work. (Sorry, Dad) It was a moment of realization that I know all of one person in an entire country, I'm 7,000 miles away from everyone I love in the world, and I haven't been hugged in over a month. I was just feeling really helpless, vulnerable, and alone....and I cracked.

When I went to pick up the car, I found out Jim payed for the tires since I'm renting the car from him it wasn't my responsibility. It was still a big stress a majority of the day. First my camera, then my tires...what NEXT?!? (By the way, I still don't know what I'm going to do with my camera issue. I'm still trying to figure that one out.)

My flatmates were really awesome about my "Crazy" moment. I used Frazer's office at WRAC to call my Dad, so I could get a little privacy and since I haven't been payed from WRAC (I needed to get my tax information filed with the government which takes awhile), I'm a little low on funds, they offered to wave this weeks rent. I'm not in any danger financially (I don't want to dip into my emergency fund...but it is there), but it was a really nice gesture and it helps to that these people I've known for barely a month have accepted me and my pit-falls. (FYI: I get a nice, fatty check from WRAC next week. My tax info went through and I get all my hours on one check. WHOOO!)

So, I openly admit that I am homesick. I'm feeling alot better today...back to my old self. But it has hit, just like I knew it would. I'm thinking off you all and I love and miss you.

Oh, and I'm sick of being COLD! And my laundry is currently on day four of trying to dry.

3 comments:

Doc Nash said...

As for laundry, dryin indoors, can u get a space heater? also, an electrice blanket, not on top of you, but put it under the bottom sheet, between the matress and the matress pad. that'll help you stay warm.

Van said...

"I had no idea what to do..."

Umm... What to Do

"First my camera, then my tires...what NEXT?!?"

All I can say is just don't step on a pop-top. ;)

Sorry you had such a bummer of a day. It will get better!

Casey said...

Nash: I have a space heater and an electric blanket. Im still cold. But Im adjusting.

Van:
I know how to change a spare silly. But I couldnt make the hour drive to my second job on a spare. Explains why I had no idea what to do. ;)