Sunday, August 19, 2007

Answered Prayers!

Just wanted to give you all an update:

I found a church! I'm really excited about it because it is seriously a blessing and God smacking me in the face saying "Wake up! I'm here!"

Many of you know that searching for a church was something I wanted to do but due to work constraints and not really knowing where to start has made it more of a burden then an adventurous journey.

Well, last week I mentioned in passing to my friend/co-worker, Alexia, that I was looking for a church. Nothing else was said so I let the topic die. Last night on our way to dinner, Alexia said "Hey. Are you still looking for a church? Want to go with me tomorrow?" I said "I don't think I can because I work in the morning" and she replied with "Not a problem. It meets at 6pm" (which was attraction #1...it meets at night)

I was wary about going because I didn't want to get roped into anything I shouldn't be in or not have it be the right fit for me. However, the church is perfect. It is a non-denominational Christian church called "Destiny" in the heart of Wellington. The sermon was perfect (a testimonial) and the music was really good (I even knew a song!). The congregation of about 200 people is a hugely diverse mix of European, Maori, Asian, etc and they were really welcoming and made me feel at home the minute I walked in the door.

At the end of the service I met the pastors and put into a small group with Alexia. This was an answer to prayers because I know my family and alot of friends have been asking God that I find my "home" here in NZ. The fact that it was right under my nose with someone I work with and became friends with right away, didn't have to go on the scary search, and have it be the first church I attended isn't just luck. It is God. Amen.

1 comment:

Van said...

Casey, please continue to keep up your guard, as you previously indicated you would. Just from a quick browsing on the internet, listening to the sermons, etc., immediately red flags went up all over the place. E-mail me.