Sunday, July 29, 2007

*sigh* An evening off....FINALLY!

I'm alive and still doing well....even if it does take me a week to update my blog. I apologize. Forgive me?
A humorous picture to start off this blog....
....ever seen sock monkey flannel pjs drying on a line?
(My neighbors must have had a good chuckle.)
*Please note there are NO undergarments on the line. Those dry in my room.*

Mainly, the week consisted of work, work, ohhhhh and some more work. I am exhausted. I haven't worked this much.....since NEVER! Even my flatmates can't believe how much I'm working. I don't have an days off (basically my time off consists Thursday mornings, Saturday and Sunday after 1pm). However, if I were at home I would probably be stuck in a cubicle, in 2 inch dress shoes, receiving joke e-mails from coworkers I really don't like. So, I'm definitely counting my blessings.
"Putt-Putt" My Subaru Legacy. (In desprate need of being Hawaii-fied!)

My co-workers are great. We spend whatever moments we can hanging out in the swim office, laughing, giving teaching advice, or getting coffee in the cafe (I have yet to use the spa or saunas that WRAC offers). I have taking a likely to Jo, a 22-year-old fun-loving British girl. We have the same since of humor and it's not rare to see one of us singing to the other or thinking up silly dances around the pool deck trying to get the other to laugh. There is also 20-year-old Alexia from New Zealand. We like to gossip about the boy lifeguards and share food. (I'll put pics up as soon as I can). Ali and Bekki, my bosses, are fantastic. I think it helps that I'm willing to put in extra work, didn't need an training, and am a perfectionist about paperwork.

The highlight of my day is after the 55-minute drive from WRAC to Raumati, is as soon as I get to Raumati I grab a book, my lunch, and a towel and park my bum on the beach in front of the pool and read till it is time to go coach again. It is so relaxing and the beach reminds me of home. The seagulls are KILLERS here! They are not afraid of anything and I have had more then one occasion where they dive bomb for my ham sandwich in my hand. (And yes, here they actually do sound like they are saying "MINE! MINE! MINE!")

Friday night, Jim took me to the Maranui Water Polo Alumni dinner (that was the club team he coached 10 years ago when he was 24 and in NZ for the first time). I didn't know a soul except for flatmates Frazer and Katrin (Frazer played for Jim back in the day). It was alot of fun just hanging out with them and bonding. Myself, Katrin, and Frazer at the dinner

Saturday night, Raumati had a swim meet at WRAC (I told ya it was my home away from home!). We did okay. The kids improved on their times but we didn't win alot of the races.
Then after work today....it was a lazy day! It was cold and rainy so Katrin and I layed around and watched chick flicks, eating Pringles, and watching the tellie. Frazer came home from work and we ordered some pizza and we vegged out in front of a movie. It was really nice just to hang out with them.

Now it's going on 9:20 and we are all off to bed and I'm looking forward to curling up and sleeping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.