Monday, January 14, 2008

Glorifed Babysitting!

I am seriously exhausted!! Today was raining so the pool had about 200 kids running around. The lifeguards set up an inflatable obstacle course and a 20 foot slide....so the kids were going bonkers. I, on the other hand, had to contain the craziness into games for the kids to enjoy. (Bucket Fishing and Treasure Dive) The hard part was I had to do this on my own and the worst part about it was the fact that parents treat my service as a daycare ("Okay kids, mommy is going shopping and I'm going to leave you here at the pool for 6 hours..."). So we end up with groups of tween-agers (ages 10-13) that are rude, crude, and everything in between. The little kids are polite and sweet with "please" and "thank you".

So I'm going to take a nap now. ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZ.

No comments: