Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pictures!

The other night Seka invited me along with her flatmates to go to a concert in the Botanical Garden. It was amazing! The weather was freakishly warm that day and into the night. The band was okay. They played a few mellow songs but then got into the more upbeat stuff and got the crowd moving. The Gardens are beautiful this time of year, decorated with different lights and even bubbles. Wellington definitely knows how to celebrate its summer months! I'm really enjoying "FREE" things and even when I have some extra cash to spend I think I'll still enjoy going to the cash-free events. I'm off work until Tuesday because Monday is Wellington Anniversary. Can you imagine Santa Ana having a day off work to celebrate its establishment? Just another reason why I love this country. So, tomorrow there is a break dancing competition in the City Centre and then there is an Ultimate Frisbee show down at the beach. Good times! Seka and I enjoying the warm summer day!
Packed in like sardines! You should have seen the place once the concert started.
Cathy, my new flatmate, with the biggest crayfish I've ever seen. (Greg, the other flatmate, brings these guys home on a regular bases!)
The Professional Volleyball Tournament from last weekend.
This is not an unusual sight after a Friday night in Wellington. (A grocery cart on a street sign...)

No comments: