Saturday, January 12, 2008

The weekend of Free!

Due to my financially issue, "You've got to earn money to spend money" and the fact I haven't worked since December 15th, I decided this was the weekend of FREEdom! I spent the weekdays pretty much just hanging out the flat and reading, watching tv, playing on the computer (I'm becoming a Hearts master!), and walking to Nicky's to hang out.
Friday night I went to a BBQ of a friend of Nicky's were we ate veggie kebabs, corn patties, and sausages. I then was going to call it a night and on my way home I realized there was a lifeguard party around the corner from my house so I headed off to that to say so long to Karl, one of the lifeguards at WRAC.
Saturday, Nicky and I walked along the waterfront into the city where there was an International professional volleyball tournament. The weather really got nice as we sat there and watched the USA men's team kick some NZ butt! We caught a few games and then walked around the city. Saturday night we decided to have a girls dance party in town. We headed off to Electric Avenue (where they were playing Magnum PI on the big screen....and I knew what episode it was too. Shout out to Dad!) and then went to another place called "The Establishment". It was a great night of silly dancing.

I do have a few pictures from this weekend but for some reason the blog website isn't uploading them all the way so I will get those up in the next couple of days!

I start work tomorrow (YAY!!). My schedule is teaching from 9-12 and organizing games and face painting for the kids that are still on holiday from 1230-4.

No comments: