Saturday, January 19, 2008

*sings* It's a beautiful day. Not a cloud in sight...

....so I guess I'm doing alright!

Today was an amazing day! When people say "Nothing beats a great day in Wellington" they MEAN IT! I shot out of bed at 8am and looked outside....bright blue sky, no wind, and no clouds! I immediately texted Seka and we were off on our beach day, my first being in New Zealand. We went to Oriental Bay, just on the outside of the city and you can see the skyline from the beach. It was really crowded but the beach was a definitely place to be today. Seka and I even went in the water (no sharks here!).
We stayed at the beach till around 4pm and then we made the slow walk along the Waterfront wharf back to Seka's place in the city. Along the way we saw a group of guys jumping off the wharf and I stated "OOOH! Cool! I wanna do that!" and Seka looks at me and goes "Why don't you?" So I stripped down to my suit and took a flying leap off the wharf. It was so awesome!
(This is what I love about this city! They promote doing fun stuff like this. Can you imagine people jumping off Huntington Beach pier? You'd get arrest! Here they have barges and ladders to help jumpers out of the water.)

I'm so excited to be here during summer. The citizens of Wellington actually celebrate the nice weather outside. They bike, skate, Rollerblade up and down the water front for hours. I really wish Orange County can be more like this.

Not sure what I'm up too tomorrow. But hopefully it will be FUN!

No comments: