Saturday, January 5, 2008

Can't beat a Sunny Day in Wellington...

I apologize profusely for my lack of writing and updating, but honestly, I have nothing much to write about. 
The past week I've spent time bonding with my new flatmates and having dinners together. I felt bad the first week that I was there because I was never home. Cathy and Greg took me in and I thanked them by running in, changing clothes, and running back out the door. So this week I emailed my mom for a old family recipe for California Casserole. Yes, that's right. I'm becoming domesticated in my cooking abilities and I didn't poison everyone!! We polished off an entire casserole in one evening, so I ended up making a second one for leftovers.
Today, Jo and I met up at the pool to swim and then we met up for lunch with Nicky and her flatmate, Polly. It ended up being such an amazing day. It was 75 degrees, cloudless sky, and a lite off shore breeze. We ended up walking around Downtown Wellington, along the water front and eating ice cream. It's hard to admit that a city can be so stunning, but Wellington is an amazing city, especially on a day like today. 

I'm really looking forward to working again, especially since it's only a 15min walk to the pool from my front door and the sooner I start working the sooner my dad will be here and the sooner we will be on our crazy Pacific Ocean adventure and the sooner I'll be home!!
Is that interesting enough for ya?

No comments: