Monday, January 21, 2008

Walking in a cyclone is REALLY good exercise!

Yes, that's right! We are currently in the middle of a cyclone! (Tropical Cyclone Funa) I walked home in 100+mph gust of winds. I have NEVER been held upright by wind before. I didn't have to walk home in the cyclone but I left my change for the bus at home this morning because it was about 80 degrees and bright blue sky! I never expected a CYCLONE! Last night was ridiculously muggy. I'm talking humidity I have never experienced before. The humidity plus the wind equals the worst "I feel gross" feeling because we can't leave the windows open, mainly because the wind would blow the windows off its hinges!
I started teaching this morning and I couldn't have asked for a better group of kids this week. No freak-outs and all the kids seemed willing to participate, which is quite the accomplishment considering they are 3! The games were run smoothly considering we had another big group to occupy.

But I'm going to go hunker down now....try not to blow away!

P.S. *Dances around the room* I just booked the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. On April 23, Dad and I will be watching the sunset over Sydney!! How cool is that!

UPDATE: Cathy just went outside to get her laundry and, well, her laundry was there....along with someone elses. Funny thing is we are the only two story building in a 100 yard radius. Hahah! FREE CLOTHES!

No comments: