Saturday, October 6, 2007

Anything bigger then a few inches is a SNAKE!

Firstly, I want to apologize for screaming in my sisters ear yesterday why we were webcaming. Duffi and I were chatting about the meaning of life (i.e. chocolate) and I hear a knock on my door and Frazer asking me if I wanted some gummy worm candies. Of course I said "Yea! Come in" and he opens the door and shoves a 12 inch+ earth worm in my face. I freaked out because anything longer then a few inches isn't an earthworm....it's a snake! Gosh...living with male gender sure gets interesting. I wouldn't have been surprised if I wasn't home and the "snake" ended up in my bed.

Friday night ended up being ladies night! Nicky, Jo, Seka, two of Seka's friends, and myself met up at a pub called "Hope Bros" because I get a discount due to my status working with the City. So after a few drinks we headed over to this great 80's dance bar called "Electric Avenue" and we danced to Bon Jovi, Cindy Lauper, Madonna, Kenny Loggins, and New Kids On the Block. It was a blast! Nicky and I both decided we were tired and looked at our clocks and it was 2am. How convenient since that is the "last call" in the states. We are wussies!

I spent the night at Nicky's new place which just happens to be up the street from WRAC and we woke up to a windless, cloudless, blue sky the next morning. We could not let this day get away! So we headed out to breakfast and ended up making the 5 minute walk to Lyall Bay (Wellington's surf spot) to enjoy the "70" degree weather we were having (it was really only 62!) Being reflective at Lyall Bay....don't you love my Pirate cuff? I got that at Electric Avenue the night before.

The next night Jim, Ivana, Adrian (the new coach from Barbados), Nicky, Jess (one of Jim's friends), and I headed out for dinner at Monsoon and then to the Gold Lounge to see the "new" Jamie Fox movie "The Kingdom" (and I say "new" because we get movies about two months later then then the States). The movie was alright, typical guy movie, and kinda left me tired so after a beer at this bar called the "Lotus Lounge" I headed home. I have my own take-away (aka to-go) place!

I woke up this morning to pouring wind and rain (where's the weather????), went grocery shopping, and now I'm just hanging out before 10 weeks of chaos start all over again. The All Blacks rugby team lost to France this morning in the World Cup so all the kiwi's were really angry at the grocery store this morning....reminded me of shopping in the states ;-)

Oh, and I totally have conquered public transportation! Yes, I have taken the bus. It's easier to take the bus from Nicky's house into town for $2.50 then trying to find parking then having to pay 10 bucks for it!

So that's about it....my holiday break in a few words and pictures. It was a nice relaxing holiday but I'm looking forward to teaching again...with WEEKENDS OFF!!

No comments: