Sunday, October 21, 2007

Are you on fire, again?!?

The Malibu fires made our top news story here this morning. I then had to explain to my flatmates why it was such a big deal, where Malibu was, and what Santa Ana winds are.

Today is Labour Day so no work for me. Instead I'm being lazy and sick (sick being cough, headache, sore throat). This is our fourth AWESOME day in a row...Sunny, puffy white clouds, little wind, and it's even in the high 60's and low 70's.
This weekend was pretty fun. On Friday night, a bunch of the coaches (Nicky, Adrian from Barbados, Eamon from New Zealand, and Seka and her boyfriend) all went out to our new favorite pub, Hope Brothers. It was a great time. I have to admit, the pubs here play the best music. Its good old classic rock!

On Saturday, James and I went out to dinner and then he took me around to a few cool places around Wellington. We watched the sunset from across the harbor and then headed to this beach called Red Rock, where all the kiwi's go to motocross, ATV, camp, etc. Then we headed off to the movies.

One of the many Maori Statues in the city. I just like how cool the sun looked behind it.Watching the sunset behind the city.
Part of Wellington. Reminds me of San Fran, big city on the water.The view over looking Red Rock, with the South Island in the distance. (VERY rare to see!)

Sunday was a BBQ at Jim's house. We did steak, chicken, sausages and watch a new episode of CSI! (WHOO!!) We then walked his two greyhounds on the beach. It was really warm and was a great day for a BBQ.

I have a few travel plans coming up. In December, Nicky's family is going to come over and they have pleasantly invited me to come along on a week long adventure of the South Island with them. So I will be gone in mid-December.

My Dad and I have also worked out a trip for when he comes in April! We are going to spend a week in Wellington, 10 days in Sydney, and then head to Maui for two weeks!! I can't wait! I know it's still 6 months off, but I'm so excited (and for my Dad to take a month off work is HUGE!! Thanks, TOM!) I also found some great priced airfare....about $1,100 for the entire thing.

So heading back to work tomorrow, but at least it's a short week. But wait, I already get Mondays off. Haha.

Be careful over there and remember, only you can prevent forest fires!

1 comment:

Doc Nash said...

yeah, its freakin NUTS. how are jim and judy watts? the irvine fire's kinda near them!