Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do'h!

Today I was suppose to drive the Raumati water polo kids from Raumati Pool down to WRAC for a water polo game using their High School's van. So, I leave practice, head over to their school, get the keys for the van, get in the van and....

.....its a stick shift! OPPS! I don't know how to drive a manual. My parents don't even know this story: The one time someone decided to teach me, was a boyfriend when I was 16 (when I didn't even have a license) in the El Modena parking lot. Well, I ended up running his car into a pole. OPPS! The car and the pole were fine but I've never had access to a stick shift (and if you think I'm going to learn on my dad's VW bus, then you are kidding yourself!) and both cars I've owned have been automatics. I guess I need to learn, eventually. (By the way, the other assistant coach took the kids and I ended up feeling like a doofus for the rest of my evening.)

The swim instructors at WRAC will do anything to keep themselves entertained, or on the verge of sane and insane. We started a game called "PEGGED" today in our mist of boredom waiting for a school to show up. Basically, you take a clothes pin (or a "peg" as kiwi's call them) and you have to get it on someones clothing without them noticing. The lifeguards, swim instructors, and even reception people were covered in pegs today. It was pretty hysterical. I came home and found them in my shoes, jeans, and purse. I think we've been inhaling to much pool chemicals.... (Next on the list is a game called "Assassin". We are just trying to see how many people we can get to play before we start that one. Plastic dart guns are involved!)

So far, so good in the work department. Even though I'm in the water ALOT, the kids are really cool, which makes the job easier. *knocks on wood* I don't want to jinx it.

The weather was great today. It had to be at least 62/63 degress with a bright blue sky, white puffy clouds, and green rolling hills (with sheep). It was great....no rain! (at least for today).

Anyways, going out on Friday night to celebrate Labour Day Weekend (NO LABOURING!) and there is a BBQ at Jim's on Sunday. Wanna go?

1 comment:

Doc Nash said...

ASSASSIN FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!! i used to play ALL the time on the Hospital ship. i "cheated" by getting a better dart gun ;) hehehehe