Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a GREAT day!

So after a week of nothing but testing kids ("So...can you blow bubbles?" "I don't wanna!!" "Okay...Level 1 for you." Multiply that by about 500!) and arranging classes, I needed a DAY off. (I also had a swim meet on Saturday and covered a shift at WRAC on Sunday morning) So yesterday, Nicky, Seka, and I decided to call it a GIRLS DAY and Mother Nature wanted to come out and play too!
We ended up driving around the coast to a cafe in Miramar called "The Chocolate Fish", this is where the Lord of the Rings cast hung out for a majority of their three years in New Zealand. They filmed a TON in his area. I had the vanilla risotto, which was DELICIOUS!! The cafe is right on the water and you can watch the inter-island ferries come in and out of the harbor.


The Chocolate Fish. At the Cafe, they have this HUGE wall design made up of sea shells. So, here I am being silly with King Titan!
Miramar Bay. (and yes we played in the water, but only up to our knees!)
Standing on a rock in the middle of New Zealand!
On the way back, the three of us stopped at the studios where Lord of the Rings was created. It doesn't look like much, and honestly, it isn't. Sorry to disappoint ya, Brian!

So then we headed back into the city and looked around and decided to "Culture-ize" ourselves and see a French film about the famous singer, Edith Paif. It was really interesting and she had quite the life.

It was an AMAZING day, probably one of the best since I've been here. I'm so relieved the weather was nice. Yea, it rains alot here, but nothing beats a sunny day in Wellington.

Coming up this week: work, work, and more work! But this weekend is Labour Day! So...NO WORK! I plan on hitting up the town on Friday and Saturday night with my co-workers and then maybe a BBQ at Jim's house on Sunday or Monday. Should be pretty cool!

P.S. I used the public restroom (or TOILET!) at Miramar Bay and I can offically say they are cleaner/better then the US. I felt like I was using the ones in Nordstrom they were so nice! HAHA!

No comments: