Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ohh, the insanity!

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click.

After spending the entire day sick and working, I come home to the stove broken and a cell phone message from Frazer, my flatmate, that said "Ya, we broke the stove. The guy is coming to fix it tomorrow. In the mean time you are more then welcome to come to my parents house with Katrin and I for the night." The starter on the stove that ignites the fire is broken so its emits really loud, obnoxious CLICK noise. I have to decline the invitation to stay at Frazer's parents house due to the fact that I'm really sick.

The good thing about being sick is that I actually don't know what my fever is. I know I have a fever because all the swim instructors that are moms kept feeling my forehead today at work and telling me how hot and clammy I was and how my eyes had this glazed over look that only they can see and tell if a kid is really sick. Wow, the gifts you get when you shoot a human being out of your womb. Basically, I spent the day going through the motions and the kiddy pool at WRAC felt like a sauna and the pool at Raumati just made my throat wrecked. I'm officially taking my first SICK day tomorrow. (but it might end up being a INSANITY day with the click, click, click, click of the stove!) It is times like this that I really miss my own bed with my own pottery barn sheets with my own pillow and my own CABLE tv! At least I have my own sock monkey flannel pajamas. *sigh*

Also, the top story on New Zealand's ten o'clock news was "Firestorm takes California". I yelled out "HOME!" when I heard the story. The information is pretty vague but I'm doing my best to stay on top of the news with abc7.com. The news showed a satellite picture of all the fires and the smoke and I can't believe it. It's so sad, sadly though, I have to admit I'm glad to be missing it. The ash, the smoke smell, the air....glad I'm not there to have to take a constant shower to feel clean. Please, everyone stay safe and don't inhale.

Anyways, off to bed with two doors shut and a pillow over my head the "clicking" isn't too bad.

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click.

AAARRGGHHH!

No comments: