Friday, September 14, 2007

The Accidental Day-OFF!

It is official! I had my first day off in 9 weeks! YAY! It was purely accidental. I have Thursday mornings off at WRAC and when I walked up the driveway at Raumati there was the most beautiful sign known to man, a piece of art….words spelt out in “Pool Closure due to Fecal Accident”. I don’t think anyone has ever been more excited over poop then I was at that moment! So, Jim and I headed out to his NEW home about five minutes from the pool, which he officially received today, to have a meal.

The house is truly beautiful. It would be something I want eventually in my life. There are 2 bedrooms and full bathroom downstairs, a kitchen with granite counter tops, hardwood floors, a huge patio and big front year. Upstairs there is the master bedroom and bath and a sitting area…..oh yea, they also have a perfect view of the ocean. Jim also purchased two plasma flat screens to go in this house and a new BBQ which is going into use on Saturday when everyone is going over there for an “unofficial” Housewarming BBQ. I hope Ivana, Jim’s wife, likes the house as much as everyone else does. She comes in next Wednesday with the dogs! (Two Irish greyhound mixes)

Also, yesterday morning I walk into our kitchen only to see a Tupperware container on the counter top. Inside the container was the BIGGEST, HAIRIEST spider I have EVER seen in my life! It is the size of an American half-dollar…and I am not kidding. If I had my camera I would take a picture of it. You can see its eyes and fangs. It looks like a mini-tarantula. So I write an email to Frazer and Haydn asking “Why is there a monster staring at me while I eat my oats?” Haydn replied with “It is a present for you. I found it on our bathroom mat this morning.” WHAT?!?!?! THAT THING WAS IN OUR HOUSE!?! AAAHHH!! So in all seriousness, I tell the boys not to torture me with the spider (which I named “Harry”) because since I was small I can always remember my Dad (The Official Spider Killer of 20th Street) killing a spider with a tissue and then thinking it was hysterically funny to put the tissue with the spider corpse in either my bed or my sisters bed. So NOT funny! The boys thought this was hysterical and have since threatened me with Harry as a nightly cuddle buddy. I told them if they get near me they will be short one American flatmate. Harry is currently still in his Tupperware container in the kitchen.

Tomorrow is Katrin’s birthday so I went and purchased her earrings and some decorations to put in the kitchen so she’ll be surprised when she wakes up in the morning. Then on Sunday we are going to one of the best steak houses in Wellington called Lone Star to celebrate. (YAY! MEAT!)

ONE WEEK OF WORK LEFT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!! A spider that big??? No thank you.

I HATE spiders, of course I have just cause. The scar on my leg reminds me every day.

I have seen & had to kill, my share of spiders here cleaning this house. Each one freaks me out, but fortunatly they have been fairly small. If I found a spider that big here I'd be moving!!!

Van said...

"'Pool Closure due to Fecal Accident'. I don’t think anyone has ever been more excited over poop then I was at that moment." I dunno, that guy on Dirty Jobs seems to enjoy working a lot with various kinds of poo.