Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm a photo takin' machine!

YAY! Some new pictures! My care package from my Dad (with my camera) arrived last Monday but because it was a mixture of gifts and things that already belonged to me, customs had to hold it hostage for a few days. So, after an entire day on the phone with customs on Monday, filling out 12 pages of paperwork, faxing over a copy of my passport/visa, and assuring them Airborne was not some new form of crack....FedEx delivered the box on Friday and I couldn't have been more excited!

I'm in the home stretch of 10 straight weeks of work. I have one more week left and it is going to be an EASY week. (Monday/Thursday mornings off and 2 hours on Friday) Many of my kids are going on holiday. That's another thing, Kiwi's take their time-off VERY seriously and they become avid world travelers at a very young age. Alot of the families are going to Fiji and Australia....take me please?

On Friday I didn't have to make the drive to Raumati and instead I got to referee flippaball (water polo where the kids can touch the bottom) with Nicky at Keith Spry Pool. It was alot of fun but one thing I've noticed is parents SUCK in every country. They yell. They scream. They take it way too seriously. They are rude. Don't get me wrong, I have alot of really cool parents but some people don't understand that their kid is 8-years-old and it's okay if they drop the ball or miss a goal.

Saturday after work Nicky, Jo, and I loaded up in my car and drove to Jim's new house to BBQ and help unpack some things. It's so beautiful up there. I'm thinking about if the time comes for me to move out of Newlands, I will get a room somewhere up there. It's more quiet and the weather is always SO much better (about 5-10 degrees warmer, sunny, and no wind!)

Tonight the flatmates are heading out to Lone Star, one of the best steakhouses in Wellington, to celebrate Katrin's birthday. YAY! COW!! MOO! I've been dying for a hunk of meat since I've been here and now I have an excuse too.

LOOK! I can drive on the "wrong" side of the car and the road! I know you're impressed.


Jo and I coming up with an evil plan to take over New Zealand.

I hope all is well at home. I want to welcome Mom back from Hawaii....awww POOR BABY! Life's rough right now.

*hugs*

No comments: