Saturday, September 8, 2007

"TOUCHDOWN!!" "No, he tried" "He tried for what?"

Rugby season is in full swing with the World Cup currently happening in France (they only have a World Cup every four years, so it's pretty cool I'm in NZ during this time). The matches come on around midnight-4am here in NZ and the pubs are PACKED with fans and they just don't watch the All Blacks play but EVERY GAME! Last night Haydn stayed up to watch Great Britain VS USA (the US lost...but I'm not surprised) and was up till about 2 in the morning. (BTW they call a "touchdown" a "try" here....the title of this blog is from the first time someone tried to explain rugby to me)

I'm feeling a little better then what I was earlier in the week. I have Monday morning off and I have to take my car to the shop to get service, I don't start till 1:30pm on Wednesday, and I have Thursday morning off, and I don't have to go to Raumati on Friday night. So, it is going to be an easier week. I'm hoping to attempt to have a social life this week, even if it is just going to get a cup of coffee with someone.

There is another American here, Nicky. She is really good friends with Jim and his wife. I went to High School with her (she was two years behind me). She is working for Haydn at Keith Spry Pool in Johnsonville and we hung out and got some pizza last night and watched "Step into Liquid" and "Saved".

I was really excited to have my preschoolers this morning since it's been 2 weekends since I last taught them. They are really funny. I had one kid start crying for no reason today and I asked him "Samuel, what's wrong?" and he looks up at me with crocodile tears in his eyes and goes "I have bubbles in my shorts...." I couldn't help but laugh. I've never had a kid freak out about bubbles in his suit before. Then I have 3-year-old Harry who is a talker and very adorable. Well, I guess he is figuring out the difference between boys and girls. He points to himself this morning and goes "I'm a boy!" and then he points to the other girl in the class and goes "She's a GIRL!" and I laughed and asked him what I was. He replies with "You're the Swimming Teacher." I cracked up and then I asked him if I was a girl or a boy and he looked confused and said "You're the swimming teacher." It was pretty cute.

Well, I have another swim meet at Raumati tonight. We had a girl last week at Wellington Short Course break a New Zealand breaststroke record and there was an article in the Kapiti newspaper with a picture of the swimmer, Jim, and myself. It was pretty neat. I'm nervous about tonight since a majority of the swimmers are my kids from the Bronze, Silver, Gold, Elite 3, and Elite 5 groups. Please NO D.Q.s!!

Lastly, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aunt Judy. I hope you have a great day with the grandkids and the rest of the family. *Hugs* Miss you! Love you!

Nap time!

No comments: