Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Awww....

....so nice! I've spent the last two days not getting out of my pajamas until 2pm! Break time! Tomorrow will be my first official FULL day off! I have spent my mornings laying around watching the Australian Today show, eating, and catching up with people back home.
Saturday, Jo and I went to another BBQ at Jim's house. The weather was STUNNING all weekend long. We even hit 70! The minute we hit Jim's deck we took off our shoes, rolled up our jeans, and layed out in our tank tops. My pasty white skin finally got some color (my Hawaii/Mexico/2 month CA summer tan did last long due to the pool chemicals. I actually LOOK Irish white!)
This BBQ was really great, mainly because Ivana, Jim's wife, was able to join us. She loves the house...YAY!! I did good. I can't wait till they get their furniture and their dogs will be around. I miss having an animal around. (*hugs for Tahoe*) The sunset from in front of Jim's house.
SMILE!
Sunday- After jumping up and down in the pool for 10 minutes due to my excitement for not having to work weekends anymore, I went home and took a long nap. James (my American buddy) and I then hit up a Texas Hold Em poker tournament in the City. I was so nervous because it's been a good 2 years since I've played and I've never played with strangers before. Out of 75 people (and 8 girls), I placed 13th. I was quite impressed with myself.
Monday- I had to take my eight hour First Aid course for WRAC (This was my second first aid course in 3 months. I was originally told that I needed to be certified before I left. Well, come to find out I needed to be New Zealand certified, even though it's all the same!) It helps that it was all instructors from the pool, so we still had a fun time. (Doesn't hurt that our instructor was a HOT lifeguard! "Can he practice CPR on me?!?!")

Alexia being silly with our mannequins removable faces so we don't spread cooties. (Please note the guy in black. That is Tim, our 28-year-old, incredibly good-looking, buff, and flirty instructor!)
Cute....yet Creepy!

My plans for the next few days are as follows:
Thursday- Flatmate dinner. I'm going to have my first piece of lamb ever! I'm going to make brownie sundaes and we'll all hang out and watch movies. Friday- Jo's birthday party. The instructors and lifeguards from WRAC are gonna hit up the town. This will be my first REAL night seeing Wellington's social scene! Saturday- shopping with Seka and maybe some plans in the evening. (I know it's alot but I can't spend 2 weeks in my pj's....or can I?)

The weather has turned for the worst over the last three days. I have been FREEZING! Today it didn't get over 45 degrees and it has been really rainy and windy. I jinxed myself with my celebration of Spring coming. Darn.

I want to send out my thoughts and prayers to my friend, Pat, who is having major spinal surgery on Thursday. Pat, I love you so much and I'm so glad we stayed close over the last 3 years. My prayers are always with you especially right now. I will continue to pray for your health and a speedy recovery. *hugs*

More to come later!

No comments: