Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Buffett words to get ya by!

In honor of the Jimmy Buffett concert that will take place this Saturday at Irvine Meadows (BOO!! This will be the first one I've missed since I was 16....major Bummer!), I wanted to post some lyrics from the great man himself. These bits of songs have helped me through some bad days here in New Zealand and I have them written on a post-it in my room.

Far Side of the World
Back at home, it's afternoon
Six thousand miles away.
I will still be there when I get through
Attending this soiree
There are jobs and chores and questions
And plates I need to twirl,
But tonight I'll take my chances,
On the Far Side of the World.
That's the way it happens
On the Far Side of the World.

Love the Now
It's the reason for livin'
That's what I'm givin'
I don't need a history lesson
To tell my why

I mean I'm in no hurry
To hustle and scurry
There's so much to see
And life ain't gonna
Pass me by

Tomorrow's right around the corner
I'll get there somehow
But I'm stuck in meantime
And I Love The Now

I Love The Now(All the faces and places)
I Love The Now(All the rats and the races)
It's the only place I've ever been
It's the only way that I know how

It's true we've got problems
How do we solve them
Better break out your thinkin' cap
And your old dunce cone

The whole damn world's gone crazy
The moon is jumping over the cow
How can you help
But not love the now

I Love The Now(All the ranting and raving)
I Love The Now(All the cussin' and cravin')
It's the only mess I've ever seen
It's the only place where I know how

I Love The Now(All the pain and the pleasure)
I love the now(All the blood and the treasure)
It's the only circus that I know
It's the only ring where I'm allowed

Talk about a standing ovation
Everybody take a bow
But don't talk about tomorrow tonight
I Love The Now

No comments: